A few important details about how export works:
- 🔮 You will only need to export Eventbot to your external calendar ONCE. Once connected, all your future events will appear automatically.
- 🔜 Eventbot sends events to your personal calendar. To import events, click here.
In Slack, type "/events export" you'll see two options:
- Export all the events you've RSVP'ed ✅ (your personal calendar across the workspace)
- Export all the events from this channel (all events from the channel you typed the command)
Click "Export" and you'll receive a direct message with your unique link (looks like the below). Copy this link.
Differences between personal vs channel calendars:
- The personal calendar export will send all the events you've personally expressed interest in. These events can be from any channel anywhere in the Slack workspace.
- The channel calendar will export all events from a specific channel, whether you've RSVP'd to the event or not. You can export events from any public/private/shared channel or DM.
- There is a limit of total channels being exported across your workspace, more details here.
- If you leave your Slack workspace (meaning you're removed as a user) your unique links will stop working.
💻 Part 1 - Set up your desktop / web calendar (do first):
📱 Part 2 - Set up your mobile phone calendar (do second):
- Google calendar app (iOS / Android)
- Microsoft Outlook app (iOS / Android)
❓Don't see your favorite calendar app?
We're compatible with nearly every calendar app. Look for a "Add Calendar by URL" option and paste in your unique link. If that doesn't work 💌 let us know and we'll get right on it! 💖