Eventbot supports recurring events on the Team Plan
You can create events that repeat if your workspace is on the Team Plan or higher. Eventbot users on the Free Plan are not able to create repeating events. To upgrade type "/events upgrade" in any public or private channel.
How to create a recurring event
Once you've upgraded Eventbot, simply create an event as usual by typing "/events create". You'll notice a dropdown which defaults to "Does not repeat". You can select one of the following recurrence options:
- Daily - repeats every day continuously
- Weekdays - repeats every day excluding Saturdays & Sundays
- Weekly - repeats on the day of the week based on the event start date
- Every two weeks - repeats on a 14 day schedule starting from the event start date
- Monthly - repeats on a monthly date based on the event start date
- Yearly - repeats on an annual date based on the event start date
Note: For recurring events you will only see the information for the next event on your calendar instead of listing every single one of the instances. Once the next event in the series starts, we'll show the following event in Slack.
RSVP to the event series
When you RSVP to a recurring event, you automatically are RSVP'd to the entire event series. You can always choose to change your RSVP, but keep in mind it will change the RSVP for all future events in that series. When you set a reminder, this will also apply to all events in the series.
Editing a recurring event? Click here for some tips 💡